The first step in recovery is detoxing from drugs and alcohol. With Turning Point, this can be done in the comfort and privacy of the client’s own home. A doctor specializing in addiction will assess each patient and create an individualized treatment plan, followed by an in-home detox supervised by a registered nurse trained in chemical dependency. All of our nurses have worked at the best treatment facilities in the country including Passages in Malibu, CA, UCLA Dual Diagnosis Unit and The Betty Ford Center.
Addiction nursing responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a safe medical detox with 24 hour nursing care.
- Monitoring and properly medicating all signs and symptoms of withdrawal.
- Helping to arrange an after-care program to help prevent relapse.
- Educating families on the detox process and the disease of addiction.
- Helping clients recognize possible relapse triggers.
- Acting as a liaison between the doctor and all other treatment professionals.
Turning Point provides all types of medication management, including Vivitrol injections and assistance in prescription education and adherence.
Vivitrol is a prescription injection used to prevent relapse after opioid detox and to treat alcohol dependence. To be effective, Vivitrol must be used with recovery programs, such as counseling.
When a client is prescribed Vivitrol, we can provide in-home injections, saving the patient from making monthly visits to the doctor’s office.
Going into treatment can be intimidating. Our nurses travel with clients to and from treatment centers, working closely with treating physicians to make the client feel safe and comfortable.